We have begun our transition to the new SCDSB school website.
The development work for school websites was ongoing throughout last year. The new site includes some complicated programming to provide the functionality we heard that parents needed:
- The ability for the school board to upload common dates to all school calendars.
- A central database that the board controls that contains all critical information (contact information, attendance areas, trustees, etc.) This content will always be up-to-date on school sites throughout the county.
- The ability for parents to subscribe to updates from the website. The subscription service includes the distribution of school newsletters.
Our new site can be found at bax.scdsb.on.ca.
I am continuing to learn the new software and making tweaks and corrections to some of the information that has been uploaded centrally. Our edublogs website will remain active for the next few weeks. Please subscribe to our new website as well as follow us on Twitter. @ps_baxter
Yesterday, Ryan P., Tyler C., Caleb T., Ashton V., Aidan J., Evelyn C., Grace F., Cheyenne T. and Lydia Q. travelled to Nordic Highlands in Duntroon to compete in the cross country county races. Despite the unfavourable weather conditions all runners represented Baxter very well. Mrs. Collingbourne would like to thank our parent drivers and those who came to cheer on our runners.
Thanks again to all runners for the dedication to the sport and we will see you next year!
The Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) is seeking representatives of local agencies, associations and organizations who are interested in serving on the Special Education Advisory Committee, as per ONT. REG. 464/97 – Special Education Advisory Committees made under the Education Act.
The main role and activities of the Special Education Advisory Committee are to:
- make recommendations to the school board in respect of any matter affecting the establishment, development and delivery of special education programs and services for the exceptional pupils of the board
- participate in the board’s annual review of its Special Education Plan
- participate in the board’s annual budget process as it relates to special education
- review the financial statements of the board as they relate to special education
Interested representatives must meet the following qualification criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident within the area of jurisdiction of the Board (Simcoe County)
- Be a public school elector
- Not be employed by the SCDSB
View the nomination package and forms here.
From Ellie– “Having Kenza here was an amazing thing. I haven’t even gone to france yet and I have already improved my French! Kenza is a nice, outgoing, funny person and I am so happy I got her as an exchange partner. It was such an amazing experience not only for me, but for everyone else that got to meet her. I’m very excited to go to France in the new year!”
From Kenza– “J’ai fais un echange avec Ellie et je to remercie pour m’avoir fait decouvrir ton pays, ta facon de vivre, tes abtitudes et aussi ton ecole! Merci aussi aux professeurs et Monsieur Cappadocia pour m’avoir accueilli a Baxter.”
Candle sales are returning to Baxter Central. Order forms are coming home today and are due Monday November 3rd.
Show your Baxter Central Bears spirit by ordering some Bears spirit wear. Orders are due back by November 3rd. Click this image to enlarge the order form.
Have your say about the Simcoe County District School Board’s mission, vision and values
The Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) is renewing its mission, vision and values. Your input is needed.
Feedback is being gathered through a short survey. Find more information and the survey here:
The deadline to respond to the survey is November 12. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views. Please also share this information with others who may be interested.